Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wander Reading #5

Recently I had a post about vague retirement studies and I asked for someone to provide a link to a recent one if they find it. Well one reader,Richard Cleaver, was very kind and here is that study. I only got to page three before rolling my eyes. They keep their wording very vague through the report and then don't provide any backup data in an appendix to show how they arrived at the numbers. In my line of work if you presented a report like this you would be fired by the client.

Yet here are a few links around this study from other blogs, in case you missed them.

Canadian Capitalist provides two posts on this study. See #1 and #2.

Canadian Financial Stuff adds his thoughts on it all here.

Last, but not least, Canadian Financial DIY, weighs in with his thoughts.

If I missed anyone else, please leave a link in the comments. Also a reminder that tomorrow's post will be up very late in the day as I'm traveling for most of the day.

No comments: