Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wander Reading #2

It's been a busy week of reading for me. I've been having a bit of a problem narrowing down the field, but here is what I like this week. Enjoy.

  1. Canadian Capitalist has a great post on spending habits in retirement which shows it actually goes down.
  2. Crunch Money has an interesting idea on creating a social network for us personal finance addicts.
  3. Here is a great article on why my house price keeps going up.
  4. The Money Diva talks about how to deal with a huge expense (like an over sized tax bill).
  5. Financial Jungle talks about Exotic Retirements and their cheap price tag.
  6. JD over at Get Rich Slowly takes a look at a rain barrel and if it will save you money, which I've been thinking about installing myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's "Crunch Money" (not Crush).

Interesting idea for a social network but considering it's pretty easy to set up a blog and there are already active financial forums at CanadianBusiness and the Financial Webring Forum, I'm not sure if there's much need for it.

Tim Stobbs said...

FP,

Thanks for finding the typo. I've updated the post.

I'm not sure if it will take off either, but it is an interesting idea.

CD

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reference.

Financial Jungle