Friday, January 26, 2007

FAQ

Q: Why do you want to retire at 45?

CD: Why not? No really, the decision to shoot for retiring at 45 was more or less just a date I picked. 55 was too long and 40 was too short, so I picked 45. I want to retire early and the earlier the better.

Q: So where do you dig up all your information?

CD: My information is from a lot of reading of books from the library and a few Google alerts that sweep the Internet daily for general websites, blogs and news sites with information that could be useful.

Q: Do you get paid to do this?

CD: Technically yes. I get money if you click on a link on the site, but the income is so small that I earn more in half an hour in my day job than two months of blogging. So this is largely a labour of love.

Q: How much time do you spend blogging in a week?

CD: So far about 7 hours a week. Usually an hour in the morning during the weekdays a few hours on the weekend.

Q: Do you recommend any stocks or other investment products?

CD: No, I don't recommend anything. You might even notice in my posts I use the word 'suggest' a lot, which implies that you should take everything I say with a grain of salt and do your own research and make your own decision. After all you are an adult and I don't have to tell you what to do.

No comments: