Thursday, November 16, 2006

Holiday Spending

Can you hear it in the air? Tiny bells and beeps indicating you’re spending far too much money at Christmas again. Well it doesn't have to be that way; you just have to adjust your thinking a bit.

I personally like to start shopping for Christmas starting the week after Christmas. Why? Wrapping paper and cards are cheap and if you have the storage space it is a great cost saver.

Then on Jan 1, I start putting away $150 a month into my ING savings account, so by next Christmas I have my $1500 saved for buying presents before I buy my first present. When I go to actually buy the presents I look for things people will really enjoy rather than worrying if I'm not spending enough. If I end up under budget I just get a nice present for myself on Boxing Day when the sales are on.

Happy holidays every one.

No comments: