Monday, March 19, 2007

This Blog is Worth...

I came across this tool a while back which shows you What Your Blog is Worth and forgot about for a while. Then the other day I came across it again and gave it a try.

I got this:



My blog is worth $13,548.96.
How much is your blog worth?



This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. You have to be kidding me that my blog is somehow worth around $13,000. Do you realize how tiny of a yield that would be? We are talking about a couple of tenths of percentage point. I wouldn't buy my blog for that kind of money.

So today's lesson is beware someone trying to tell you how much your own assets are worth. For example I recently was told my house should be worth significantly more than I have estimated it at in my last net worth post. I disagree. For the purpose of my net worth I assume a house value that is something I can sell in a week, otherwise it's a dream number that your looking at. You may be able to get more, but unless you can get it fast it is a meaningless number.

No comments: